ITM Monitoring Strengthens Commitment to Environmental Performance Through Training
At ITM Monitoring we integrate good safety, health, environmental and quality practices into all aspects of our operations and focus on improving performance at every opportunity.
As installers of geotechnical and structural monitoring instrumentation, we recognise the potential for environmental impact at all stages of our operations. We are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance, the prevention of pollution, and complying with all relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice.
We are therefore pleased to announce that ITM Monitoring’s HSEQ Manager Sonia Ortela has completed her NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management. Sonia becoming certified in Environmental Management by The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health reinforces our company commitment to the environment into further practice and brings real value to the workplace. Sonia is also a registered member of The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) holds a NEBOSH Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety Management and is certified in Strategic Safety Management from the Arthur D. Little Consultancy.
Sonia’s certification will enable ITM to meet its legal requirement to have sufficiently competent personnel to manage the organisation’s aspects and impacts. As a result we can now review our Environmental Management System (EMS), making any necessary improvements to ensure we meet both legislative and clients’ requirements.
As trusted contractors, our commitment to incorporating good environmental practices into our operations includes:
- Minimising waste by recycling and reusing as much as possible
- Providing, maintaining and reviewing an environmental management system in accordance with our BSI 14001 certification
- Ensuring staff members are aware of the management system, and the potential environmental impacts of their work activities and how these might be minimised
- Engaging clients, suppliers and contractors to achieve good environmental practices
- Setting measurable targets to continually improve our environmental performance
Our next objectives are to become registered with the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), improve our Supplier Sustainability Management System whilst continuing to reduce our carbon footprint.